Wednesday, March 28, 2012

life wonderful but unexpected.

Something very terrible happened to a close friend of my family yesterday and my heart aches for him and his wife. Unexpectedly they lost their little boy.

I ask that everyone who reads this prays for their strength to get through this hard time.

For Lent I gave up facebook and I vowed to attended daily mass once a week. I also downloaded a App for my phone that would give me access to the daily readings and reflections and also a vast selection of prayers. About a week ago I came across a prayer that was called "morning prayer" and it says:

Dear Lord,

I do not know what will happen to me today. I only know that nothing will happen that was not foreseen by You, and directed to my greater good from all eternity. I adore Your holy and unfathomable plans, and submit to them with all my heart for love of You, the Pope, the Immaculate Heart of Mary. Amen.

I typed this out and framed it in my bathroom so I can read it everyday and know that what I live for and what my life consist of his all because of the plans God has for my family and I.

When I heard the news of my friends son I couldn't imagine what they were going through and wonder how I would take it if I were in a similar situation. I remembered this prayer and I will continue to pray. Then I got in the car today to head to work and I was listening to Channel 129, the Catholic Channel, on SirusXM radio.

The first reading was from  Daniel 3:14-20, 91-92, 95 you can read it here. The part that hits me this most is this:

"There is no need for us to defend ourselves before you in this matter. If our God, whom we serve, can save us from the white-hot furnace and from your hands, O king, may he save us! But even if he will not, know, O king, that we will not serve your god or worship the golden statue that you set up."

I know that when I submit to God and pray to him I need to know that the outcome of everyday may not always be good but not matter what, what has happened- is what shall be.

I love you Will and Jodi. May God put peace in your heart in this difficult time.

No comments:

Post a Comment