Thursday, March 10, 2011

Farmer's Almanac

Does anyone have the 2011 Farmer's Almanac?? I am need of one...Ryan is going out of town starting today through Sunday and I think this weekend would be a perfect time for me to get some seeds planted and potted. The problem is if they start to germinate and it freezes again they die. If I plant the pots I can bring them inside but the flowers in the ground I will not be able to bring in the house. So now I am trying to decide if I should be patient and wait another week or two or should I go for it and get them in the ground...

I will do some researching to see when the last freeze is predicted and let you know what I decide. At the very least I could get the herbs in the pots and just bring them in the house.

I am being so cautious because this is the first time EVER that I plan on planting SEEDS. I've already bought all the seed packets, they are just waiting to go in the ground. I usually buy already developed flowers and plant them at the beginning of summer and they look great until the first freeze. But this is the fist Spring that I have lived at a house that enables me to plant seeds in Spring and hope they grow through out Summer and Fall. I've never had a house of my own that actually had a yard. The house in Byers was all concrete!

I'll be back to let you know what I decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment