Tuesday, November 6, 2012

2 things.

Ok, there are many things in this world that I don't understand. Many of these things that I worry about it I feel into the category of just a few years ago.

What are the two things people say you are not supposed to talk about? Religion. Politics.

Why?

Is it because we are scared of what to say. Is what we say about these topics going to offend someone? Are we worried about what "people" are going to think of us?

For me, especially religion, was that I was scared of being wrong or not knowing the answer. I wasn't able to defend my faith so I, no matter what, was not going to talk about it. Not just that but I can vividly remember not wanting to say, "Jesus", "Holy Spirit", "God", in front of people because I might offend them or they might think I'm crazy. But this is what I don't get, we are so quick to say "pray for me", or talk about our Faith and Spiritually but in the same sentence can't say "Jesus"?

In today's reading, found here, Phil 2, 5-11 says,

"Because of this, God greatly exalted him
and bestowed on him the name
that is above every name,
that at the name of Jesus
every knee should bend,
of those in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
and every tongue confess that
Jesus Christ is Lord,

to the glory of God the Father"

I am so thankful for the trials that made me stronger. I am still weak in MANY areas but one that I consciencly work on is proclaiming and not being scared to confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. My Savior. My Hero. My God. The one who gave me life and blesses me every day.

So often we want to see a sign or blessing or what something good to happen before we return to church, to God. But most often I feel like it's a trial, a death, or something really hard that brings us back. We need to see everything as a blessing and a sign from God, not just the good but also the bad.

For me, I was angry and upset with the Church (but in my heart knew I couldn't stop attending Mass)and by the work of the Holy Spirit I was transformed into not angry and confused but happy, overjoyed, humbled, and thankful that I get to wake up and breath everyday. For the gift of life, I owe God all of my time. No execuses.

This was long and if you read all of it I am truley humbled. Today is a big day. I have so much going through my mind. This election has been a long one and we will see the outcome this evening. Blessings to you and our country.

-Kathryn

No comments:

Post a Comment