For about the last month I have been eye balling some pretty awesome curtains at Urban Outfitters. The only thing holding me back was the fact that one (1) cost $38 dollars. I was going to get two (2) for the bedroom which came to a total of $76! I can't spend that on curtains for a bedroom! Not to mention that I wanted something new for the living room. So...thankfully the crafty urge came about on Friday. I had seen that Hancocks was having a "BLOW OUT SALE" so I figured I would drop on by to see what I could find. Let me just say that when I want something, I am bound and determined that I am going to find it. Which means...I wasn't going home on a long weekend with no fabric.
I skimmed the store for about 20 minutes before I found the clearance table. 15 minutes later I am leaving the store with 7 1/2 yards of fabric, a bill of only $12.25, and a HUGE smile on my face. I was then headed home to make curtains!!
The fabric I got for the living room was a bit different, I'm not even sure what you'd call it. I knew it wasn't going to sew well so I decided to do the finishing/hem with hot glue and the results turned out amazing!
Here is the before window treatments... plain = me no likey.
(It's not very good picture but it's the only one I could find. I guess I never liked them enough to include them in a picture.)
The after and I just LOVE them! Total cost = $8.
The bedroom curtains took me a bit longer to do. These are cotton so I sewed them. The fabric is a bit retro/Hawaiian/floral. I bought everything they had which was a little over three yards @ .99 cents per yard! Here is what we had in the room before...(not bad but wasn't feelin' it).
The after and I LOVE. Total cost = $3.25
I did a little rearranging which only I would notice, I gave Ryan a new magazine night stand and moved the lamp to my side of the bed.
I finished everything before I went to bed on Friday. The living room took me about 20 minutes and the bedroom about 1.5 hrs. Totally worth it.