I am so very excited about this week! Ryan and I talked at 8:00 Mass yesterday about our thoughts and a little information on NFP! I don't have our speeches with me right now but will be posting our talk this week!
Today I want to share about the BENEFITS and EFFECTIVENESS of using the NFP method, via the blog nfpworksblog:
* I want to make it clear that you do not have to be Catholic to use the NFP method. Don't let that be a block in the road to start a natural and healthy way of family planning.
What are the Benefits of NFP?
- Has no negative side effects.
- Recognizes fertility as a gift, a normal healthy process, not a disease or side effect of sexuality.
- Does not interfere with future fertility.
- Is a shared method, which requires mutual responsibility. Are you a feminist? Why have you been bearing the burden?
- Deepens intimacy & renews romance (NFP couples have the same amount of intercourse as contraception-users)
- For Christians: Enhances the spiritual aspect of marriage by planning your family in way that’s not contrary to Christian teaching. (
- Is cost effective.The average woman pays $1000-5000+ over her reproductive lifetime on contraception, not including sterilization. NFP costs $0-280.
How effective is NFP?
For Achieving a Pregnancy: According to the Paul VI Institute, those using the ovulation method (Creighton Model) and having normal fertility 76% will achieve pregnancy after 1 cycles. Those rates go up to 90% after 3 cycles and 98% after six cycles. For those with “compromised fertility” 20-40% will become pregnant within six to twelve months of use by charting alone. When couples receive medical treatment along with charting, their pregnancy rate up to 80%. Numbers may vary with the different methods.
For Postponing Pregnancy: Overall the rate is as high as or higher than any contraception systems–97%-99% method-effectiveness! No, really. It’s THAT good. Plus, the continuation rate of NFP (people who love it and keep on loving it) is around 93%. The rate for contraception ranges from 43% to 72%. (See Jason Evert’s Love, Sex & Babies, page 2. Copyright Catholic Answers, 2004.)
My email is firstname.lastname@example.org and my number is 940 631-7866!! Ask questions!! It's the only way to get the answer!
Blessings to all!