Thursday, June 9, 2011

From the garden..

My parents own and operate a farm in Charlie, Texas. I grew up on this farm, disliking it at times (long days in 100+ weather...ikk) but only valuing it now. This farm taught me so much about hard work, commitment, and introduced me to wonderful fruits and vegetables. I practically become a vegetarian in the summer. I LOVE it.

Last night we had chicken strips, baked zucchini, and bruschetta made with homegrown tomatoes (my first of the season) and fresh basil straight from Mom's herb garden. I could only eat 1/2 a chicken strip because everything else was so good.

Bruschetta Recipe via Real Simple



I've modified a little...and I don't measure anything but this recipe gives you an idea of what the main ingredients are. (I don't use olives) I like to add lemon pepper, garlic powder, and a little lemon juice. This stuff is amazing!! And extremely easy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment