- Things have been crazy.
- I haven't really taken any pictures of the house.
- Except the finishing on the floors- the 1st, 2nd, 3rd bedrooms and hallway are painted and done.
- The bathroom in hallway is about done. Ryan refinished our claw foot tub and it looks awesome. He reworked and made our vanity with sink. We lack a mirror above the sink and a light fixture above said mirror because I haven't found one I like. Also we have a toilet in our house now!! And it flushes!!! Go Ryan and Bobs. Thank you. (It was getting kind of crazy jumping in the car and driving 6 miles to our old house for a certain urge...)
- The focus is now on the living room/kitchen. The kitchen cabinets have been primed and first coats of oil based on. Let me start by saying my husband is awesome. He is pretty much tackling the kitchen on his own because oil based paint is something you need a little talent to deal with...and I don't have said talent. He has our counter tops glued together (black walnut = going.to.be.awesome.) and our back splash is in (green penny tiles). Oh, I almost forgot about the floors. Ryan got the first round of plywood and old laminate up and a friend of ours worked on the original laminate that had been laid..(original means 1948 = not coming up easy). We are determined to use our original hardwood floors like we are going to have in the rest of the house. I sure home the sander can get all the glue up!
- The built-ins and island/bar for the kitchen are in the cabinet shop getting made as we speak. So excited to see how they turned out.
- That's about it for now..we have the front porch, the breeze-way, small bathroom and basement to finish. One step at a time!!
I have to say that Ryan is the best carpenter I know. Not being biased. He has made our house look so wonderful and us. I love it and I am so excited for the rest that we have to do. I love you Ryan and all the hard work you are putting forth for Annie and I. You rock my world.